Publication Policies and Author Guidelines
JAVStudies Journal Writing And Publication Policies
- JAVStudies (International Journal of Academic Value Studies) is an international refereed, field indexed e-journal published quarterly in in March, June, September and December) Special or additional issues may also be published in case of necessity.
- JAVStudies publishes studies on economics, business administration, finance, political science, public administration, local government issues, urbanization, social services, labor economics, international relations, finance, econometrics, tourism, foreign trade, agricultural economics, engineering, engineering economics, health management and logistics management. Only original manuscripts are considered for publications.
- Manuscripts submitted to JAVStudies must not have been published or be under consideration for publication in any other platform at the time of submission. Authors are responsible for any problems likely to arise from this publication activity.
- Those who want to submit a manuscript to JAVStudies for publication must register for the Essay Tracking System and submit their work thereby (www.javstudies.com) .
- Since, at the stage of publication, the name which was used for registration is going to be added to the works that are considered worthy of being published, the authors have to register for Essay Tracking System with the name they use in course of their academic activities.
- The submittance of any manuscript to the electronic system of JAVStudies (The Journal of Academic Value Studies) is considered as an application for the publication of it in the journal and the assessment process of the manuscript begins.
- All of the procedures in the process starting with the application until the publication of the manuscript are carried out electronically.
- Publication and copyrights of the manuscripts that are sent to the JAVStudies (The Journal of Academic Value Studies) to be published are transferred to the journal. Those manuscripts may not be published, reproduced or used without reference in any form of publication medium, without the prior permission of the board of the journal. JAVStudies (The Journal of Academic Value Studies) keeps the right to publish in other media the texts that it previously published.
- Any kind of legal, juridical, economic or ethical liability likely to arise because of the manuscripts sent to JAVStudies (The Journal of Academic Value Studies) belongs to the author of the script, even after the publication. The Journal acknowledges no responsibility.
- JAVStudies is a bilingual journal that publishes original articles in Turkish and English.
- No names or information to uncover the identity of the author should be included in the manuscripts submitted to the system of JAVStudies (The Journal of Academic Value Studies). The information regarding the authors of the manuscripts that are accepted after the assessment of the referees will be added by the editors during publication.
- Each manuscript submitted to the system of JAVStudies (The Journal of Academic Value Studies) is firstly evaluated by the editor or assistant editors in terms of relevance to the principles of spelling and publication. At the end of this evaluation, if there are any corrections to be made, the manuscript will be returned by the editors to the author to make the necessary changes.
- The manuscripts that do not correspond to the principles of spelling will not be forwarded to referees.
- The names of the referees and authors are confidential to each other and the system of ”blind review” is employed during the review process.
- The names of the referees and authors are confidential to each other.
- Each article is assigned to two reviewers. A manuscript that receives two favorable referee reports is qualified for publication. If a manuscript receives one favorable and one unfavorable report, it is forwarded to a third referee whose decision determines the final outcome. Manuscripts that receive two unfavorable reviews are automatically rejected.
- Revised and resubmitted manuscripts may be forwarded to the initial reviewers who determine within a week whether their concerns are successfully addressed.
- The referees may want to see the manuscripts for which they asked corrections. In case that demand is stated in the report, the corrected form of the text will automatically be sent to the referee by the system.
- The authors may object to the referee’s report within a reasonable frame and with convincing data. The objections are investigated by the board of the journal and if relevant, another referee (or referees) may be consulted about the subject.
- For the manuscripts submitted to the electronic system of JAVStudies (The Journal of Academic Value Studies), the authors may trace in which phase of the evaluation process their text is at that moment, by using their membership information. The process of refereeing should be followed carefully, and since the system allows corrections for once only, the author is recommended to wait until both of the referees complete their evaluation and upload their reports into the system.
- JAVStudies is an open access journal that publishes free of charge online. The
articles published in the journal are not sold and there is no paid
subscription to the journal. The design of the manuscripts, their introduction to international indexes and purchasing of DOI numbers are carried out by Asos Yayincilik Egitim ve Danismanlik Hiz. San. Tic. Ltd. Co. For a submission to advance in the review process, the mandatory publication fee must be remitted by depositing funds in a designated account with the statement of “Author Name Last Name -JAVStudies APC”. The account number and other information related to the APC ($100 ABD) are sent to the authors after they upload their articles. It is highly recommended that authors email the ‘proof of payment’ receipt to email@example.com to expedite the review process.
- In order to facilitate international citations, all papers published in JAVStudies, including those written in Turkish, must include an abstract in English. The abstract should be no shorter than 150 words and no longer than 300 words. Three to 5 keywords must also be provided by the authors.
PRINCIPLES FOR SPELLING
- At the beginning of the original essays submitted to JAVStudies (The Journal of Academic Value Studies) for being published, there must be included, both in Turkish and in English, an at least 150-word and at most 200-word Abstract , Keywords consisting of 3 to 5 words and the Title.
- All published manuscripts must include a reference list (REFERENCES) which contains all the sources cited in the main text. The reference list must be alphabetized. Studies not cited in the manuscript should not be included in the REFERENCES.
- At the end of the text, a list of the sources used in the text should be given under the title REFERENCES. In this list of references used in the text, the last names of authors are given in alphabetical order of names of the authors.
- The manuscripts should not include headers, footers or page numbers.
- For spelling and punctuation, the dictionary of spelling by the Turkish Language Association will be used as a source, except the differences based on the content of the text.
- For the studies in which a special font type that is not included in Microsoft Word program is used, the font file should also be submitted to the system together with the essay.
- The manuscripts to be submitted to the system should be formatted by the author based on the following criteria:
Paper feed: A4 Vertical (No horizontal lines should be included in the essay)
Top margin: 1,5 cm
Bottom Margin: 2 cm
Left Margin: 2 cm
Right Margin: 2 cm
Font Type: Cambria
Font Size: 14 point for the title, 11 for the text, 9 for the abstract and 8 for the footness
Paragraph Spacing: First 6 nk – then 0 nk, Abstarct: First 0 nk – then 0 nk
Line Spacing: Single
- Manuscripts that do not conform in any way to the Publication Principles of JAVStudies (The Journal of Academic Value Studies)will not be taken into consideration.
JAVStudies (INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ACADEMIC VALUE STUDIES)
Surname, First letter of name. (Year of Publication). Name of Book, Place of Publication, City.
Drucker, P. (1999). Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices, New York.
Two Or Three Authors
Surname, First letter of name. & Surname, First letter of name. (Year of Publication). Name of Book, Place of Publication, City.
Kim, W. C. & Mauborgne, R. (2005). Blue Ocean Strategy, Harvard Business Review Press, United States.
Surname, First letter of name.; Surname, First letter of name. & Surname, First letter of name. (Year of Publication). Name of Book, Place of Publication, City.
Bond, W.R.; Smith, J.T.; Brown, K.L. & George, M. (1996). Management of small firms, McGraw-Hill, Sydney.
Surname, First letter of name. (Year of Publication). Name of Book (Trans.), Place of Publication, City.
Colorado, J.A. (2006). Economic Theory in the Mexican Context: Recent Developments on the Ground (Trans.:K Smith.), Oxford University Press, Oxford.
A Chapter in an Edited Book
Surname, First letter of name. (Year of Publication). “Chapter Title” (Ed. Name and Surname of Editor), Name of the Book, Page, Place of Publication, City.
Karluk, S.R. (2005). “Kıbrıs’ın AB Üyeliği AB’yi Böler mi?”. (Ed. Oğuz Kaymakçı ), Avrupa Birliği Üzerine Notlar, ss. 263-287, Nobel Yayın Dağıtım, Ankara.
Jones, MD. (ed.), (1998), Management in Australia, Academic Press, London.
Title, (Year of Publication), Place of Publication.
A history of Greece, (1994), Irwin, Sydney.
Surname, First letter of name. (Year of Publication). “Title of the Article”, Title of the Journal, Vol (No):Page.
Siddiqi, K. O. (2011). “Interrelations Between Service Quality Attributes, Customer Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty in the Retail Banking Sector in Bangladesh”, International Journal of Business and Management, 6(3):12-36.
Surname, First letter of name & Surname, First letter of name. (Year of Publication). “Title of the Article”, Title of the Journal, Vol(No):Page.
Chakrabarty, S. ve Yelkur, R., (2005), The Effects Of Ad İrritation On Brand Attitudes. Journal Of Promotion Management, Vol: 11, s. 37-48.
Three or More Authors
Surname, First letter of name.; Surname, First letter of name & Surname, First letter of name. (Year of Publication). “Title of the Article”, Title of the Journal, Vol(No):Page.
Sands, S.; Oppewal, H. & Beverland, M. (2009). ‘’The Effects of In-store Themed Events on Consumer Store Choice Decisions’’, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 16: 386-395.
THESIS and PROJECTS
Surname, First letter of name. (Year). “Title of the Thesis”, Thesis Type, Institute,Place of Publication.
Liu, G. (2014). “Improving corporate Internet reporting in China”, Doctoral Thesis, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand.
SYMPOSIUM/CONFERENCE PAPER/ REPORT
Surname, First letter of name, (Year), “Title of Paper”, Name of the Activity, Date of Activity, (Editor name and surname), Publisher, Pages, Place of the Activity
Wilson, J.A.J. & Liu J. (2010). “Halal Branding – strategic marketing means, motives and opportunities”, MIICEMA 2010 Malaysia-Indonesia International Conference on Economics, Management & Accounting, 25th-26th Nov, National University of Malaysia, pp:49-62, Malaysia.
Surname, First letter of name. (Year). “Title”, Name of the encyclopedia, Volume No:, pp:Pages, City.
Bergmann, P.G. (1993). “Relativity”, In The New Encyclopedia Britannica , Vol:26, pp:32-35, Chicago.
Surname, First letter of name. (Year). “Article Title”, Newspaper Title.
Regan, T. (2015), “Media Planning Toolkit: Planning Newsbrands”, Warc Best Practice.
Official web sites
Abbreviation of the institution, Name of the institution, web adress
AMA, American Marketing Association, www.ama.org