Publication Policies and Author Guidelines
- Journal of Academic Value Studies (JAVStudies) is an international peer-reviewed, field-indexed e-journal, published four issues per year (March, June, September and December). If necessary, special or additional issues can also be published.
- JAVStudies Journal, under the main heading of Economics and Politics, publishes original texts in the following disciplinary and interdisciplinary fields of science: Banking and Insurance, Environmental Economics, Econometrics, Industrial Economics, Energy Economics, Finance, Public Relations, Economic Thought, Economic History, Communication Studies, Public Management, Macroeconomics, Fiscal Law, Finance, Microeconomics, Accounting, Quantitative Decision Methods, Organization, Marketing, Health Economics, Health Management, Political Thoughts, Political Life and Institutions, Political Science, Political Sociology, Political History, Social Work, Social Politics, Sociology, Agricultural Economics, Commercial Law, Tourism Economics, Tourism Management, International Economics, International Relations, International Trade, Production and Operations Management, Local Administrations, Urban and Environmental Policies, Management Information Systems, Management and Strategy.
- Manuscripts submitted to JAVStudies Journal must not have been published in any platform before and must not be in the publication evaluation process of another journal during the submission process. However, congress and symposium papers can also be published as an article, provided that the place, meeting, date of presentation is recorded and not published elsewhere. On the other hand, the responsibility of any problems that may arise from this kind of publication belongs to the author. Please click for publication ethics.
- This journal provides immediate open access to its content. Open access is used to mean that “scientific literature can be accessed, read, saved, copied, printed, scanned, linked to the full text, indexed, transferred as data to software and used for any legal purpose, without financial, legal and technical barriers through the Internet”. Click for detailed information about the open access policy.
- Those who want to submit an article for publication in JAVStudies should submit their work via javstudies.com after registering as a member. Please click to see registration and upload process.
- Uploading any article to the JAVStudies Journal system is considered an application for publication, and the evaluation process of the article begins.
- All of the procedures in the process, starting with the application until the publication of the manuscript, are carried out on the journal's web site
- Authors transfer copyright to the Journal of Academic Value Studies (JAVStudies). However, they can copy, share and distribute their articles and materials on any platform with the published format in JAVStudies. On the other hand, published articles cannot be distributed by remixing, transforming, or building upon the material, cannot be published as a newly produced article, and cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- Any kind of legal, juridical, economic and ethical responsibility that may arise from the articles sent to JAVStudies Journal belongs to the authors, even if the article is published. The journal does not accept any responsibility. Please click to see the copyright policy
- The publication languages of JAVStudies are Turkish and English.
- Each manuscript submitted to the system of JAVStudies, firstly, evaluated by the editor or co-editors in terms of relevance to the principles of spelling and publication. As a result of this evaluation, if any corrections are to be made, the manuscript will be returned to the authors to make the necessary changes.
- Manuscripts that do not comply with the publication policies and author guidelines are not sent to the referee and are returned to the author by requesting correction by the editors.
- Manuscripts found suitable for evaluation in terms of writing and publication principles are directed to the referees. At least two referees are appointed for the review of each manuscript that the editor has approved. In addition, the author may propose referees, at least one of whom is an associate professor or professor, related to his field of study. If the JAVStudies editors approve them, these referees are appointed to evaluate the articles in line with ethical principles. However, the proposed referees must have registered as a member in the JAVStudies Article Tracking System section and must select the referee option when registering. In the studies for which a referee proposal is not made, the editor will appoint the referee.
- The names of the referees and authors are kept confidential from each other. The "double-blind peer review" system is valid.
- The evaluation period of the manuscript sent to the referees is maximum 15 days. A new referee is appointed or additional time is given for the article that is not reported at the end of this process.
- A manuscript that receives two positive referee reports from the field evaluation is entitled to be published. The manuscript, which receives a positive and negative referee report, is sent to a third referee, and whether the article is published or not is determined in accordance with the report of the third referee. The manuscript that receives two negative reports is rejected.
- Reviewers may want to see the article they want correction once more before it is published. If this request is stated in the report, the corrected version of the text is uploaded to the system again by the author to be reviewed by the referee. In this case, the referee re-evaluates within a week and reports the article.
- Authors may object to the referee's report within a reasonable framework and with convincing data. The journal editorial reviews objections and, if it is found appropriate, a different referee (or referees) may be consulted on the subject.
- Authors can follow the evaluation process of the articles added to the system of JAVStudies Journal from their own membership account.
- Journal editors meticulously follow the corrections given by the referees. Accordingly, the editors decide whether to be publish an article or not according to the referee reports.
Article Submission Fee
- JAVStudies is an open-access journal that is published free on the internet. The articles published in the journal are not sold, and there is no payment for the subscription. Therefore, the article submission fee is requested regardless of the acceptance/rejection condition after the article is uploaded. The article submission fee must be deposited to the relevant account with the explanation of "Author Name Surname-JAVStudies article submission fee". Account numbers and other information about the fee are sent to the responsible author after the article is uploaded. Article submission fee is 100 USD, and this fee is 50 USD for responsible author being a PhD candidate and authors uploading articles in low and lower-middle countries. In the acceptance or publishing process of the article, no additional fee is charged from the authors. Refunds are not made for rejected articles, but authors whose articles are rejected are entitled to submit a free article within one year.
Principle of spelling
- Articles should contain an abstract of at least 150 and a maximum of 200 words and at least three and at most five keywords. English title, abstract and keywords are required for Turkish articles. Turkish title, abstract and keywords are not obligatory for English articles.
- For the citations made in the articles, the APA system should be used primarily following the authors' preferences and, of course, by considering an integrated standard in the text.
- At the end of the text, a list of sources used in the study is given under the title of bibliography/references. These references, which list the references used in the study, must be prepared in alphabetical order according to the author's surname. Studies that are not cited in the article should not be included in the references. If there are sources with DOI numbers, this information absolutely must be added.
- Authors should be careful not to give headers, footers and page numbers to the articles. No blank lines should be left under the heading and above the heading, at the beginning and end of the table/figure. Bold fonts should not be used except for headings and table/figure captions. Table and figure captions should be at the top.
- In studies where a special font (font) not included in the Microsoft Word program is used, a font file is added to the system along with the article.
- The format of the articles to be submitted to the system must be arranged by the author and by the following values:
Paper Size: A4 Vertical (Horizontal pages should not be included in the article)
Top Margin: 1.27 cm
Bottom Margin: 1.27 cm
Left Margin: 1.27 cm
Right Margin: 1.27 cm
Font: Calibri Light
Font Size: 16 in the title, 11 in the text, 9 in the abstracts and 9 in the footnotes.
Paragraph Spacing: First 0 pt – then 6 pt, In Abstracts: 0 pt first – then 0 pt
Line Spacing: Single
Sugözü, İ.H. (2010). Devlet borçları IMF- Dünya Bankası ve Türkiye. Ankara: Nobel Yayınevi.
Gujarati, D. N., & Porter, D. C. (2009). Basic econometrics. Boston, Mass: McGraw-Hill.
Three or More Authors
Grosh, M., Ninno, C., Tesliuc, E., & Ouerghi, A. (2008). For protection and promotion: The design and implementation of effective safety nets. Washington DC, NW: The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development / The World Bank.
Muhammad A. (2017). İslami finansı anlamak (Çev.Ed.:Suna Akten Çürük, Raif Parlakkaya), İstanbul: İktisat Yayınları.
Rowley, J. (1996). Bilginin düzenlenmesi: Bilgi erişime giriş. (Çev. S. Karakaş, H. Ü. Can, A. Yıldızeli, B. Kayıran). Ankara: Türk Kütüphaneciler Derneği. (Orijinal yayın tarihi, 1992)
Chapters in an Edited Book
Sugözü, İ. H. (2018). Türkiye'nin tarım politikaları. ed. I. Arpacı, Türkiye'de devlet politikaları, Ankara: Nobel Yayınevi (p. 283-319).
DPT. (2001). Gelir dağılımının iyileştirilmesi ve yoksullukla mücadele. Ankara: DPT Publications.
The Australian Oxford dictionary (3rd ed.). (1999). Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
İlgün, M. F. (2015). Kamu sosyal harcamalarının gelir dağılımı üzerindeki etkisi: OECD ülkelerine yönelik panel veri analizi. Dokuz Eylül Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, 17(4), 493-516. https://doi.org/10.16953/deusbed.80724
Meschi, E., & Vivarelli, M. (2009). Trade and income inequality in developing countries. World Development, 37(2), 287-302. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2008.06.002
Three or More Authors
Eroğlu, N., Altaş, D., Ün, T., & Ulu, M. İ. (2017). OECD ülkelerinde sosyal yardım harcamalarının gelir dağılımına etkisi: Panel veri analizi. Uluslararası Ekonomik Araştırmalar Dergisi, 3(3), 335-354. https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/download/article-file/792862
OECD (2020). Income inequality (indicator). doi: 10.1787/459aa7f1-en
World Bank (2020). Unemployment, total (% of total labor force) (national estimate) (indicator). https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SL.UEM.TOTL.NE.ZS
Verberi, C. (2019). The effects of individual retirement system over savings and capital markets in Turkey (Thesis No. 574461) [Master thesis, Istanbul University]. Council of Higher Education Thesis Center. https://tez.yok.gov.tr/UlusalTezMerkezi/TezGoster?key=jNRDC1RLfVd4_T7x7ZXmmYf7gGLboB_qFGD-sjtWKilFQ-uWY4I91q8lN3vkYDI3
Zambrano-Vazquez, L. (2016). The interaction of state and trait worry on response monitoring in those with worry and obsessive-compulsive symptoms [Doctoral dissertation, University of Arizona]. UA Campus Repository. https://repository.arizona.edu/handle/10150/620615
Sugözü, İ.H. (2014). Çevrimiçi haber ağı. Türk Patent Enstitüsü Patent No. TR201006041B.
Gül, H., Maksüdünov, A., & Beyşenova, A. (2021). Küresel inovasyon endeksine göre orta Asya Türk cumhuriyetlerinin mevcut durumu. Sugözü, İ.H. & Bayrak, M. (ed.), Proceedings of the 2nd International Congress on Economics and Administrative Sciences, Kyrgyzstan, 1-10.
Schultz, S. (2005, 28 December). Calls made to strengthen state energy policies. The Country Today, 1, 2.
Institutional or Unauthorized Internet Resources
OECD. (2001). Decoupling: a conceptual overview. Paris: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Erişim Tarihi:09.01.2018, http://www.oecd.org/agriculture/agricultural-policies/25481500.pdf
TCMB. (2021). Başkan Şahap Kavcıoğlu'nun enflasyon raporu 2021-IIIün tanıtımına ilişkin bilgilendirme toplantısında yaptığı sunum (Ankara). Erişim Tarihi: 10.08.2021, https://www.tcmb.gov.tr/wps/wcm/connect/d272aadc-c685-47b5-84f7-c49b12b5646a/SunumB29_07_2021.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=ROOTWORKSPACE-d272aadc-c685-47b5-84f7-c49b12b5646a-nIbVIU5
http://javscongress.com/duzenle.php?alias=program. Erişim Tarihi: 20.08.2021
(Gujarati, 2009: 365)
(Gujarati & Porter, 2009: 144)
(Ay et al., 2019: 45; Verberi, 2020: 164; Atar, 2015: 30)
Edit date: August 2021